The EZ Miter™
I developed the EZ Miter™ Method when invited to participate in a blog tour. I wanted to make a lap quilt that showed off all the beautiful prints and coordinating solids in a new fabric collection. Working on this 45" x 66" two-sided quilt was quick and easy on my domestic machine.
With the EZ Miter™ you
- Use less fabric to get a mitered finish
- Highlight your favorite charm pack
- Choose whether or not to use batting
- Finish with hand applique or decorative machine stitches
- Make 5.5 inch finished raw edge block or 5 inch finished hemmed block
The EZ Miter™ comes with
- Instructions and fussy cutting guides
- A heavy gauge acrylic template
- Ruler Grips (available only on retail sales directly from WEFTY online. Not available on wholesale orders or third party retail)
- EZ Baby paper pattern (available only on retail sales directly from WEFTY online while supplies last)
A note about ruler grips
The EZ Miter™ comes with free grips in the package for you to stick to the bottom of your template before cutting. Using ruler grips on all your acrylic templates AND rulers is a great way to keep your fingers safe from rotary cutters while improving accuracy. You may also choose to trace around the edges of templates using a Frixon pen and then cut out the shape with scissors...either method is aided by the use of grips, which help keep the template or ruler from slipping.